BVSD Bear Creek Summer Camp 2021 AM (June 1st-4th) 6-12yrs
Hey Parents! Registration and payment for this session must be completed directly with your school or organization. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Bear Creek Elementary (BVSD)
2500 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO, 80305
Session Summary4 Cooking Classes
Tuesday- Friday , 9:00am - 12:30pm MT
Class Dates: 06/01/2021, 06/02/2021, 06/03/2021, 06/04/2021
THYME to TURNIP the BEET on WHAT KIDS EAT™
Camp is open to the public to kiddos age 6-12
Please register for this camp with BVSD Lifelong Learning!
- - -
- If your camper is attending camp the full day, please send them with a bag lunch!
- Please send your child to camp wearing or with sunscreen as they will be spending some break time outside.
- Please send your campers with a water bottle.
- A recipe collection will be emailed to you the final day of camp!
- This camp has a $40 material fee- you will be invoiced the week before camp!
- - -
Due to COVID 19, please note the following:
- All campers will be expected to wear a face mask.
- Please check your child’s temperature regularly. If your child’s temperature is elevated, do not send them to camp.
- Camp is limited to a max of 14 campers and 1 instructor.
- All campers will be requested to wash their hands every 20-30 minutes during camp.
- For more information about our COVID-19 policies at summer camp: https://stickyfingerscooking.com/pages/Summer-Camps2021
- Please visit our FAQ page: https://stickyfingerscooking.com/school-programs/faqs
Class Theme Details
Bring the deliciousness of fresh produce to the table every day!
Come explore the bounty of summer-fresh, local, colorful ingredients and explore how those foods got from the ground to our plates. You might already know that carrots can improve your eyesight, but did you know that cherries can help improve your memory? Young chefs will also learn what makes certain ingredients so super for the body and how delicious they can taste, while practicing basic cooking skills and techniques on their way to becoming super chefs! How does that food get on the table? We will be deliciously discovering how our food goes from ingredient to recipe to table.
Farm to Table Recipe Teaser:
- Traditional Portuguese Potato Caldo Verde Soup + Crispy Kale Chips + Children's Sparkling Sangria
- Summer Vegetable Radical “Ratatouille” + Fresh French Bread Rolls + Fancy Lemon Sorbet Shakes
- Wee Scottish Strawberry Cream Cheese "Bridie" Hand Pies + Sticky Orange Glaze + Mandarin Orange Fizz
- Amanda's Muy Bueno Black Bean Cakes + Groovy Green Savory Sauce + Creamy Cuban Lime Sparklers