Westmont Community Center Summer Camp 2021(August 9th-13th) K-5th
We're sorry. This session is CLOSED.
Westmont Community Center
75 E. Richmond St.
Westmont, IL, 60559
Session Summary5 Cooking Classes
Log in to see session times.
Class Dates: 08/09/2021, 08/10/2021, 08/11/2021, 08/12/2021, 08/13/2021
THYME to TURNIP the BEET on WHAT KIDS EAT™
Open to children entering K-5th
- - -
Please register with the Westmont Parks District: https://www.westmontparks.org/parks-facilities/westmont-community-center/
For more information about our COVID-19 policies at summer camp: https://stickyfingerscooking.com/pages/Summer-Camps2021
- - -
Due to COVID 19, please note the following:
- All campers will be expected to wear a face mask.
- Please check your child’s temperature regularly. If your child’s temperature is elevated, do not send them to camp.
- Camp is limited to a max of 12 campers and 1 instructor.
- All campers will be requested to wash their hands every 20-30 minutes during camp.
- Please visit our FAQ page: https://stickyfingerscooking.com/school-programs/faqs
Class Theme Details
Do your kids love watching cooking shows on TV?
In this exciting camp, young chefs will work together in cooking challenges inspired by favorite cooking TV shows such as Master Chef Jr, Kids Baking Championship, Chopped Jr, and Cutthroat Kitchen! We will learn how to use different cooking equipment and techniques, explore flavor pairings, and create 10 tasty mouthwatering full meal recipes from scratch for the week. Young chefs will get their creative juices flowing in this awesomely fun and delicious cooking adventure!
Some of the ‘Kids Cooking Network' Recipes:
- CHOPPED Korean Japchae (Stir-fried Glass Noodles + Sweet Soy Splash + Frosty Banana Milk Smoothies
- Cutthroat Kitchen’s Bodaciously Bueno Breakfast Quesadillas + Zesty Blender Salsa + Lovely Latin Crushed Limeade
- “Bellisima” Basil Kid-made Gnocchi + Five-minute/Five-ingredient Tomato Sauce + Italian Vanilla Basil Sodas
- Baking Champion Lemon Carrot Polenta Zeppole + Quick Lemon Glaze + Candied Lemon Carrots