What kind of flowers should you ALWAYS give to a chef on their birthday? Cauliflowers!
Take a kids’ classic like Mac ‘n Cheese and give it a healthy twist with cauliflower, and you’ve got a recipe that’s perfectly suited for Sticky Fingers Cooking! The best part is that you can sub out any frozen vegetable for cauliflower and it’ll be equally delicious. We want kids to see how easy it is to make themselves a healthier after-school snack, and to get curious about vegetables by introducing them in a familiar way. We will have fun this week exploring a bit of food history behind this iconic American classic. History of Mac ‘n Cheese? Is it way too gouda to be true!
ALLERGY SUBSTITUTIONS (for those items in red with a *)
* Shredded cheddar cheese: sub non-dairy cheese shreds + pinch nutritional yeast
* Whipped cream cheese: sub non-dairy cream cheese
* Heavy cream: sub pureed silken tofu
* Butter: sub olive oil, coconut oil, or vegan butter alternative (we like Earth Balance)
* All-purpose or whole wheat flour: sub gluten-free flour blend
Subscribe to our newsletter, The Turnip, to receive exclusive discounts and updates, insider tips + tricks from our awesome team, and instant access to the Sticky Fingers Cooking Starter Kit for free!