Westmont Community Center Summer Camp 2021(July 5th-9th) K-5th
Hey Parents! Registration and payment for this session must be completed directly with your school or organization. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Westmont Community Center
75 E. Richmond St.
Westmont, IL, 60559
Session Summary5 Cooking Classes
Monday- Friday , 8:00am - 11:00am MT
Class Dates: 07/05/2021, 07/06/2021, 07/07/2021, 07/08/2021, 07/09/2021
THYME to TURNIP the BEET on WHAT KIDS EAT™
Open to children entering K-5th
- - -
Please register with the Westmont Parks District: https://www.westmontparks.org/parks-facilities/westmont-community-center/
- - -
Due to COVID 19, please note the following:
- All campers will be expected to wear a face mask.
- Please check your child’s temperature regularly. If your child’s temperature is elevated, do not send them to camp.
- Camp is limited to a max of 12 campers and 1 instructor.
- All campers will be requested to wash their hands every 20-30 minutes during camp.
- Please visit our FAQ page: https://stickyfingerscooking.com/school-programs/faqs
Class Theme Details
Bring the deliciousness of fresh produce to the table every day!
Come explore the bounty of summer-fresh, local, colorful ingredients and explore how those foods got from the ground to our plates. You might already know that carrots can improve your eyesight, but did you know that cherries can help improve your memory? Young chefs will also learn what makes certain ingredients so super for the body and how delicious they can taste, while practicing basic cooking skills and techniques on their way to becoming super chefs! How does that food get on the table? We will be deliciously discovering how our food goes from ingredient to recipe to table.
Farm to Table Recipe Teaser:
- Traditional Portuguese Potato Caldo Verde Soup + Crispy Kale Chips + Children's Sparkling Sangria
- Summer Vegetable Radical “Ratatouille” + Fresh French Bread Rolls + Fancy Lemon Sorbet Shakes
- Wee Scottish Strawberry Cream Cheese "Bridie" Hand Pies + Sticky Orange Glaze + Mandarin Orange Fizz
- Amanda's Muy Bueno Black Bean Cakes + Groovy Green Savory Sauce + Creamy Cuban Lime Sparklers